Blank Screens in Replay 360

Feb 21, 2017

One of my employees recorded a Replay 360 file where parts of the video are blank/black but then later in the file the video and audio appear. Any idea why this would happen?

16 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Chelsea,

I took a peek into Alejandro's case, and it looks like the issue was related to the virtual machine he was running for Windows.

Give the troubleshooting steps I recommended for Sheldon a try, and if you're still having problems, reach out to us here. The team is available 24/7 to assist! 

Chelsea Rozek

Unfortunately, it kept happening, so I created a support ticket. In the meantime, I figured out that it was happening when I would record a take, mess up, hit the trashcan icon, then record a new take and click Done. When that take appears in Replay 360, it was black and silent for me. Now I hit cancel whenever I mess up, go back to Replay 360, and click record again. Slower, but works.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there!

Hmm, that's odd. Is it possible that you’re working from somewhere other than your local C: drive?  Working from a network drive or a USB drive can cause a few different problems, and you can read more about that here.

If you're already working locally, try a repair of Replay. Here are the repair steps for Replay 1 and Replay 360. Let me know if that helps!

Joel Abner Villarreal Garcia

Hi everyone, as i see, this is an old problem but im new right now and im learning how to use the Articulate tools, so... yeah Im having a problem publishing my edited videos with Replay 360, once I finish my "Test video" and published locally  (C: and D: disks, i tested in both) and uploaded to Review 360, all cases i just see a black screen in my video with the music I used.
Tried all the posibles solutions in this trend with no luck, even tried to publish a video whit just one static image (jpeg) to discard that Im using a no compatible mp4, but the same result, a black screen with sound

Andrea Koehntop

Hi Joel, and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community! ✨

I apologize for the issues you are having with your video in Replay 360, and thank you for sharing the troubleshooting steps you have tried.

To be clear: have you also attempted a repair of Replay 360

If the repair doesn't help, feel free to open a support case with us so we can investigate further.