Replay 360 - Saved File will not open

Aug 08, 2023

Hello,

I am having issues when saving Replay 360 projects.

When I save a project, close it, and then try and open it again (this could only be within a matter of minutes) I get error messages that say either the file is corrupt or it was done using an earlier version (see attached - Captures 1 & 2). 

Also, I sometimes have to upload a video file (MP4) 3 or 4 times as it does not upload correctly. (See attached - Capture 3).

We only recently upgraded our laptops, but I am starting to think the upgrades are not good enough?

Has anyone else had these issues and managed to solve them?

1 Reply
Eric Santos

Hi Daniel,

Sorry to hear you're running into an issue with Replay where your files are being corrupted. If you're already working on your local drive, try running these steps to fix possible installation issues and prevent corrupting the files.

In the meantime, here's how you can extract the videos from a corrupted Replay 360 project file:

1. Download and install 7-Zip. It's a free extraction tool. https://www.7-zip.org
  2. Right-click your Replay project file, scroll to 7-Zip, and choose Extract to <name of your project>.
  3. A folder with the same name will be created in the same location as your project file. Open it to see the extracted contents. (You won't be able to decipher or use some items.)
  4. Open the "replay" folder and then the "media" folder. Your videos are stored here. You might need to change the file format for each video from *.bin to *.mpeg.

I'd be happy to assist if you need help extracting the video files. If you're comfortable sharing your Replay project file with us, you can upload it here or privately in a support case. We'll delete it when we're done. 

Regarding the video file that won't upload correctly, you can also share it with us so we can test; sometimes, re-encoding the videos with Handbrake helps.