360 - Blurry preview and no preview with Universe Condensed Bold font

Dec 10, 2016

Hi everyone, I noticed that using Articulate 360 the preview renders quite differently in comparison with Storyline 2. Published result is OK, but the preview looks very blurry. Plus, it does not even start if I use certain fonts. Namely, if I use Universe Condensed Bold the preview launches, but keeps loading indefinitely. Finally, I have some random error on font rendering, particularly when using accented letters. Am I the only one experiencing this odd behaviour? I have never seen those problems with SL2.

Thank you very much!

26 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Lynn,

Thanks for sharing that font issue here. I also tested the Chalkduster font and found that the font displayed like Times New Roman in Preview. Keep in mind that Preview in Storyline 360 displays HTML5 content. 

If you publish using the Flash/HTML5 backup option, the font displays as expected. Here is a link to the Flash output.

I'll report the issue with the Chalkduster font in HTML5 to our Quality Assurance team. Although I can't offer a timeframe for a solution, I'll post updates here as they are available. In the mean time, I would suggest publishing with Flash, if that is an option for you.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Julie,

Thanks for sharing that screenshot with us. Since you're seeing bluriness throughout the entire Storyline 360 user interface (not just in Preview or after publishing), this could be system-specific. Can you first confirm that your system meets the requirements listed here?

If your system requirements are good to go and you're still seeing bluriness, I would recommend reaching out to our Support Engineers for further troubleshooting. Let me know your case number if you decide to open a case, and I'll follow along as well!

Moalosi Lebekwe

Hey there, I came to the forum after reliazing that the preview of my project  is also  blurry. I have even thought of using bolded font throught the project but it doesnt look very good. I have used a bigger screen before and the previews were great,  but on a laptop the preview is blurry. what I am not sure about is what will happen to the look of the project after publishing.

Would anyone who had the same problem and published his/her project,  share his/her experience on how the project looks after publishing.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Moalosi and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Our team is aware that this is causing some preview issues and is related to our solution implemented for High DPI viewing in addition to the preview no longer being Flash, but Chromium/HTML5. 

We are tracking this though, and I will add this thread to the report for both user awareness and update when applicable.

Feel free to publish to take a peek and hopefully others will chime in to share as well.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi David,

Yes, the issue is only while previewing - so although that's not ideal for editing you can rest knowing that your published content wont' appear blurry.

Our team is still keeping an eye on this, and we have some other items connected to this and how we modified our DPI/high resolution scaling behavior. I don't have any updates or ETAs around this issue, but as soon as we have more info to share we'll be sure to include it in this discussion.

Trung Nguyen

Hi, I'm experiencing this issue testing FullHD screen is okey. But, when I switched to HD screen, this issue is still there (only this project).

In other options, I don't choose scale player and tick lock player, this issue was no blurry. However, this product using for many screen (Ipad, laptop) so lock player is best solution.

Thanks.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Trung, 

It sounds like you've figured out what's occurring with your course? If not, and you're still stuck can you share a bit more detail or examples/screenshots of what you're seeing? It would also help to know more about what version/update of Storyline you're using, where you're viewing your published output, etc. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.