360 Drag and Drop bounce back issue

May 10, 2018

Here's a new one... I have a drag n drop routine, that overall works fine. Unless you drop the correct drag items directly on the center of the drop zone. Anywhere touching the drop zone it works fine. But directly on the center it bounces back. 

Am I missing a setting somewhere that would cause this?

Thanks! 

8 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi there, Ryan. Yikes, that sounds funky.

I'd love to investigate this. Can you help me with:

• Did you publish your course for Web, LMS, or something else?
  • Would you be able to share your .story file for testing? You can add it as a comment clicking on Add Attachment below, or you can share it privately with me here.

Looking forward to digging into this for you!

Katie Riggio

She's so good!💡Based on this extra detail, I see we have an open issue where a drag item returns to the start point if the drop target is an image with 100% transparency. I'll add your experience to the report, so we can keep you posted on new information.

The current workaround is to set the main slide layer to Resume saved state instead of Automatically and replace the image with a shape with 100% transparency.

We'll be here if you need anything else, Ryan!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi again, Ryan!

Good news! We fixed the issue you reported where a:

Drag item returns to start point if your drop target is an image with 100% transparency

Be sure to install the latest Storyline 360 update to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes. 

If the problem happens again, please record a Peek 360 screencast for me, and I'll be happy to help or you can always work directly with our support engineers here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.