360 Release videos not playing

May 02, 2018

I just had to make edits to a course created in Feb, and there are MP4 videos throughout the course. They seem to be randomly not playing when I test locally. I'm going to test in an LMS tomorrow, but does anyone know if this is a known issue?

(I've tried swapping some of the video files. It sometimes works. But there are many, and different ones don't play when I review at different times. They get stuck on opening frames and the timeline keeps going.)

9 Replies
Clarelyn Gonzales

Hi Traci,

This seems to be a security restriction.

"If you view an Articulate Storyline course on your local hard drive (or send it to someone else to view on their local hard drive), you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features of your content to fail. To properly test your published content and share it with others, upload it to the environment for which it was published."

You may read more about it in this article.

Hope this helps! You may want to share additional information so we can check it for you should you have further questions.

Have a good one!

Traci P

Thanks @Clarelyn. I'm aware of that as an issue, but I've tested this course on my machine probably 50 times in multiple browsers over the course of development, and I've never run into this. And it seems to be random, not affecting all videos. I won't be able to test in an LMS until tomorrow, so I was just seeing if this was something that had changed recently and if I need to worry while I wait for LMS testing.  

Traci P

Hi! It's been a month and no resolution. The May release didn't update anything. Can I get a copy of the March release of SL so that I can at least get the latest updates published and ready for the LMS? (It's only 4 videos out of 10+ in the course, and I can't find anything in common between them that would cause the issues. Bc it's not all I'm thinking this is a SL bug and not an issue with the LMS or other items suggested on the page that explains video troubleshooting. I've also checked the video file names for special characters etc.)

Traci P

Hi Ashley! Thanks for checking in. I did get the March release from Eloisa, and I'm using that version for the project that is having issues. I've tried publishing on different machines with the later releases and best case scenario some of the videos buffer in the SCORM publish in Chrome. I'll just use the older release for the project for now. 

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.