360 video support?

Dec 21, 2023

I'm wondering if Storyline360 supports 360 video formats yet? I wanted to create a video with interactive hotspots or markers which the learner can interact with as the video progresses. If not, is there a plan to add this to the features roadmap?

8 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi Scott, 

I appreciate you taking the time to share what you’d like to see in Storyline 360 with 360 degree video formats. We currently have this logged as a feature request, so I’ll go ahead and include your voice. We’ll update this discussion if this feature makes it on our feature roadmap.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday season! 🎉

David Atkinson

Hi Scott. Currently Articulate Storyline works well with 360images but as you know, not yet 360 video. The only other tool I am aware of that supports this well is Adobe Captivate. It is the Captivate Classic Version. They have recently updated to the All New Captivate, which unusually does not currently support 360 video (yet), however the classic version does and is included in the subscription. I would much prefer to use one tool, thus my question to Articulate and I hope they support it soon. I do not see this feature logged anywhere on their future roadmap but fingers crossed!

Scott Taylor

Luciana, I'm also wondering if you could please add to the roadmap list a feature to allow you to rotate markers within a 360 image while editing it? In the attached screenshot, you'll see I've included a couple of Markers, but ideally I'd like the arrow symbol to be pointing diagonally, or at an angle, and can't seem to rotate the markers themselves to do this. The additional flexibility would be much appreciated!