6 Bugs with S360...
I've been working with Storyline 360 for a year now and many small and big bugs are now accumulating.
1) Gifs are not played correctly when a screen is stopped with the Stop button (modern player) or is called a new time later.
2). The audio volume of a video with an audio track is changed during import so that the original audio file, if inserted separately, has a different pitch than the VIdeo. The problem: I have to embed my videos without sound and then use the audio clip to embed the sound into the storyline itself, so that the volume always remains identical.
3) If I jump back inside a screen using the scroll bar, objects that I move using triggers and motion paths are not always displayed at the right place on the screen at the right time. Again modern player.
4) If I manually stop and start audio clips using a trigger, the audio clip continues to run at the point where I left the screen when I later recall it via the menu. I also use the modern player. Solution: I must not stop the audio clips with a trigger and restart them later, but have to embed pauses in the clip itself.
5) The review function via Storyline360 only works semi-well. Some videos and audio are not played synchronously, although according to the timeline they should start at the same time. As soon as I integrate the WBT into an LMS, it works well. So in the future I won't be able to output a WBT to customers via the review function, because I can't be sure that the WBT will be displayed smoothly.
6) Self-made story sizes with videos result in the familiar grey frame below the screens. This is also a very annoying problem that has been around for several months now.
After several large projects with Storyline I have to state: Storyline is a great tool with great functions. However, the program currently has so many bugs that lead to unbelievable extra work during production that Storyline currently costs a lot of time and nerves.
It would be nice if Storyline could bring these bugs under control.