Adding Audio

May 01, 2019

Greetings. I am new to Storyline 360. I am importing a PPT to create a new story. It is a file with 20 slides. I have the audio for the entire slide deck. 

When I import it, it puts it only on the first slide. Do I need to add to all slides?

Thanks!
Brian

6 Replies
Jerry Beaucaire

FYI,  the workaround I'm using to moderate success for background audio across multiple slides... I actually have the audio playing on the base layer of a slide, then I build numerous layers above.  The music is looping forever, so i can just keep adding layers, each with their own background images, narrations and object content.   Tough to navigate, but it works.

The BIG downside of the result is that all those layers cannot be navigated with the left MENU, so I mostly turn it off, or design my stuff in "chapters".

Tip of the day.

Jerry Beaucaire

Pretty sure my layer idea solves this for you.

Check out this related topic, I've attached a sample .story file and the second slide in the sample is exactly what you're talking about.  Ongoing long audio in the base, then each layer showing above it is a narrated concept.  Music just keeps going, you have control of each layer as if it were a slide.

This has the benefit working now, not having to wait for Articulate to put the "audio across multiple slides" feature in we've all been begging for years.  ;)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.