Anyone else having trouble importing videos into Storyline 360?

Jul 10, 2018

Hi All,

I am having trouble importing videos into Stroyline 360. I click on Insert > Video > Video from file. And nothing. No loading of any kind, the software isn't frozen or anything like that, literally nothing happens.

Firstly, I thought my file may have been corrupted, so I created a new project and it still wouldn't let me import it. I have the Storyline 360 V3.16.15842.0

I am waiting for the IT department at my work to get to my request to update the software. But in the mean time, I thought I would ask if anyone else is having issues.

Cheers.

7 Replies
Jess Hartanu

Hi Matthew, it's an mp4 file. Basically, I've tried to downsize a video I currently have on my storyline file. And that's when I started having problems importing the video. Previously, I was able to do so with no problem what so ever.

Maybe the software just needs the new update (which I have been putting off for some time now).

Jess Hartanu

Hi Matthew, I'm glad to tell you that it wasn't an articulate issue. Our IT department have added extra security in the network which prevented me from importing videos to my storyline files. I don't know how the 2 connects but it's all good now! I can get on with my work! Thanks for your reply though!

Mike Emmer

I have been working with several tech support people on your side for a week and we still have not resolved so I was just questioning whether someone else had found a solution

Best Regards,

Mike Emmer
Director of Marketing Communications, NA

Office: +1 414 362 8349
Mobile: +1 414 801 5973
7930 N Faulkner Road, Milwaukee, WI 53224, USA
Email: memmer@htamericas.com
Internet: http://www.hellermann.tyton.com

HELLERMANNTYTON EMAIL NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks, Mike and I see you're working with Joshua on this. I'm sure it's frustrating that it's taking a bit to find the issue, but you're in good hands with Joshua who will help get to the bottom of this. 

I also noticed that your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if you would like by clicking Edit beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.