Articulate 360 Review quiz button not working on publish in chrome

Mar 02, 2017

I have seen many problems like this in the discussion but don't see an answer I can use. Over and over again, my review quiz button does not work - this is really frustrating me and my almost 100 students. They are taking their final on Tuesday so I am making them a quiz laden module for practice and must have it working before tomorrow so I can post it for them before school is out. I do not want them to be frustrated with this problem again. Ideas? Thank you VERY MUCH.

42 Replies
Ali Goulet

Hey Erik!

Thanks so much for allowing us to take a look at your file. 

I uploaded your SCORM 2004 and SCORM 1.2 published outputs to SCORM Cloud to test it in a learning management system environment. The Review Quiz button functions as designed when I view it.

Take a look the SCORM 2004 here and SCORM 2.1 here and let me know if you're seeing that issue!

If not, where are you uploading the published courses to when testing?

Keep me posted!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Erik,

Where are you uploading your courses to test them out? 

I uploaded it to SCORM Cloud, which is a standard for LMS testing and viewed it in Chrome. The Review button worked and brought me back to the quiz slides. This was also viewed in HTML5 - take a look at the screenshot here.  

Here's a link to the course if you'd like to try it out as well. 

Erik Savage

I only upload to an LMS when I have tested all of my files LOCALLY.

I have been doing it this way since the dawn of your software.

For instance when you hit the publish button and right smack dab in the
middle of everything it gives you the option to "VIEW PRESENTATION"

I Click this button to test my presentation. It launches locally. Review
button does not work.

Can you confirm the review button works for you when you click "view
presentation" and files launch locally?

Jeanine Kinsey

We are having the same issue and cannot control the end user environment, and cannot use flash at all.  We have turned on prompt to resume, but as noted by the original poster, that means that while you can now review the quiz, multiple students can share the same test results etc. as the system will resume on the Passed Quiz Results screen if that is where the last student left off.  

Is there any way to find out what the cookie(s) are called that the system saves.  Because we are using a Javascript option on the results screen to send the results to our database, we might be able to clear the cookies - but aren't sure.  We are using this for a college program, so being able to review is critical, as well as ensuring that users cannot "cheat" in a lab environment where multiple people share the system.

Ali Goulet

Hey Erik, 

Thanks for those details, and I'm really sorry this has been causing some frustration during your testing. 

We always recommend that when testing, make sure to upload your course to it's intended environment. If you view a Storyline 360 course on your local hard drive, you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that can cause various features of the course to fail.

This can vary from machine to machine, causing inconsistencies when testing.

Since your published output is specifically formatted for LMS viewing, we uploaded it to SCORM Cloud to test it. SCORM Cloud is super handy, and you can sign up for a free account for testing purposes.

If it works there, then you're good to go! 

Ali Goulet

Hey Jeanine! 

I'm happy to help here, and I'm sorry that you've run into these issues. 

To make sure I'm understanding exactly what's happening, I have a few questions to start with:

1. Just to verify- you switched to "Prompt to Resume" because the Review button wasn't working when it was set at "Never Resume", correct?
  2. You mentioned your learners may be using the same computers- are they logging into the computer under individual accounts?
  3. Are your learners accessing the course via a learning management system (LMS) on those computers? Do they need to login to view the course?

Let me know! 🙂

Robin Wooten

I think this shows that no work around really works. I cannot publish in flash and must have never resume. Siblings take my class in following years on the same computer. Students use the same classroom computers. Please, please, please put this on a priority fix level. I bought this program BECAUSE these choices were available - how was I to know that they wouldn't? and maybe never will? It is the single most disheartening thing about Articulate and the single reason I do not recommend it.

I am not trying to be obnoxious - I would just like to point out that, although you have done many good things lately and those of us who brought this point out in the past do not post about it every day, there still is a crowd of people  waiting for you to make the basics such as this actually work. Please fix it - we have been waiting a long, long time and this functionality is integral to our courses.

Erik Savage

"SCORM Cloud is super handy, and you can sign up for a free account for testing purposes.

If it works there, then you're good to go!"

That's fine, and i will be forced to review my lessons this way from now on.

Can you please admit though that this is a work-around and your software is broken? This was not a problem in articulate 13.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Erik,

This is not a workaround or a bug. With all versions of Articulate (including Presenter '13), we recommend viewing published courses in the intended environment. Viewing published content locally may have worked for you before, but it was not recommended or supported.

We've added increased HTML5 support in Presenter 360. That coupled with newer levels of security and modern web browsers may change your experience when viewing content locally.

From here, I would recommend uploading content published for LMS to SCORM Cloud or your learning management system to ensure that every feature is functioning properly. 

Will Findlay

One way you could still run it off a local computer is to install a free web-server application on the local computer (or turn on the web server that is already installed). Then you could browse the website using the "localhost" domain.

Here is one (of probably many) article you could use to get this set up: https://www.sitepoint.com/how-to-install-apache-on-windows/

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Robin,

I'm really sorry the "Never Resume" bug in HTML5 has been such a cause of frustration for you. We're working as a team to prioritize this issue--that includes looking at how many customers the bug affects and how seriously those customers are impacted. 

I'm going to advocate for this issue in our next meeting, as I know this has been a huge roadblock for you and your students. I appreciate you for staying committed to this, and I’ll be sure to let you know any further information I have to share as soon as I can!

Robin Wooten

Just to be clear - the original problem Erik mentioned is the same as mine - not being able to review the quiz (and for me and all others - this is when it is set to never resume which is a must have function). I appreciate Will and others' work-arounds regarding cookies but each of those require students to take an active effort on their own to prevent themselves from resuming a previous students' already completed work. Those that would use this to skip working themselves are not going to take steps to prevent it. Plus parents are unlikely to want there kids messing around with computer settings on their home computer.

So - this IS a big, big BUG and all the very kindly meant helps ARE simply work-arounds that are simply not effective at all. So, on behalf of all the benefit this would bring to my and others' learners who are now missing a key form of feedback and learning, please fix this bug in your software. 

Lisa Amitai

Hi,

I had the same problem of the Quiz Review button working in the (Storyline) preview and when I published to Web as HTML5, but not working when I published to LMS format (using Scorm 1.2). Changing the resume setting didn't help.
But what did help was testing it on the actual LMS. When I uploaded the module to the LMS, the Quiz Review button worked perfectly. 

Alyssa Gomez

Good news everyone!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.

In this update, we fixed some quiz review issues in HTML5 output, including the Review Quiz button not working when the course was set to never resume.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application.

Let me know if you have any questions, or feel free to reach out to our support team!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.