Articulate 360 Storyline Course not marking as complete

Feb 25, 2021

Hi there

I have been amending a course that was created for us by an eLearning supplier.  It was a bespoke course they built for us that we needed to amend and since they no longer use Storyline they sent us the SL file to amend it ourselves.  The course has a lot of audio and effects.  I have worked out how to remove all the bits we don't want anymore (quite chuffed with myself really as I am not an SL expert) but for some reason the course will not mark as complete.  Our main LMS is Oracle Cloud Learning (quite new to this) but we do have a Moodle platform.  It won't mark as complete in either.  After having read lots of conversations on here I loaded it to Scorm Cloud and again the course is not completing.  I have checked all the tracking options, and they seem fine.  I have been tempted to just put a trigger to complete the course on the Exit button but that doesn't help me understand what is wrong so i won't get the same problem with another course.  I have built other courses with no completion issues at all.  

My little grey cells are hurting.  Can anyone help?  Happy to upload the file for someone to have a look at.

Elaine

4 Replies
Joseph Francis

So far, you're moving through the typical troubleshooting steps just fine. You've verified the problem isn't related to either Oracle or Moodle, by testing on those LMS', and you've demonstrated the issue probably lies somewhere in the course code by testing on SCORM Cloud. You're already on your way to becoming a Storyline expert!

Now, look at your Publish settings (Publish > LMS > (Reporting and Tracking) > Tracking). What specific Tracking Options are selected to indicate completion?

Elaine Berrick

Hi, thank you for your quick response.  I did type in the answers here and only discovered it hadn't save it when I checked it today.  here are the details of the publish settings.

Format is HTML5 only, classic player, optimised for standard delivery, entire project and tracking is slides viewed 40 of 48.

Output option is LMS SORM 1.2.  Oracle doesn't like 2004 yet.  

Reporting status to LMS is competed / Incomplete.  We have no assessment or quiz so thought this made more sense that options with passed or failed.

Looking forward hearing from you . . .

Elaine