Course Not Marking as Complete in LMS

Jun 15, 2020

I am working with a client on a module that I did not build. It was built a few years ago and recently re-uploaded into a new LMS (YM Learning) that the client is using. There are several modules in the course, however, only 1 module is not being marked as complete even though the learner completes all aspects of the module. I've looked at the triggers and nothing looks off. All modules in the course are built in the same way. I've uploaded into SCORM Cloud and gone through the module and it won't mark as complete. I've pulled the debug log but don't quite understand the issue. It looks like it could be tied to how the learner exits the program, but I can't pinpoint the issue.  Any assistance is appreciated!

10 Replies
Jenny Marmolejos

Hello, 

I am having a similar issue. I have training where we have a pre-test, three modules, and then an assessment. After the pre-test, the first module runs smoothly, but when I complete it the LMS is not marking it as complete.  I can't move on to the other modules. It's inconsistent though. Sometimes it will make me complete the module all over again as if I have not completed it. And sometimes it takes me to the 2nd to last slide and allows me to complete the module successfully. Can anyone help?

Andrea Koehntop

Hi Winnie, and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community! ✨

I apologize for the issues you are having with LMS reporting.

I recommend testing your course in SCORM Cloud, as it's a free, industry-standard testing environment. Check out this step-by-step article!

If it works as expected in SCORM Cloud, I would advise you to reach out to your LMS for their recommendations and additional information.

If you still see the same behavior in SCORM Cloud, my suggestion would be to open a support case here, so we can take a closer look at your settings.