Articulate 360 Zoom issues in file that was republished from SL1

Nov 20, 2019

Hi There,

I have a computer sim course that was built in SL1 and I've just upgraded it to Storyline 360. Now, my zoom regions don't seem to be working right on many pages. I rebuilt many of the zoom regions and when I preview the individual pages in the tool they look fine, however, I've published using HTML5 with Flash fallback and viewed on Review 360 and they look off.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance! 

9 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi there, Shonna. Happy to investigate what's happening with those zoom regions!

Are you comfortable with sharing your .story file with me for testing? You can send it privately by using this link or attach it publicly here. I'll upgrade the course and publish it, and let you know what I find!

Also, what version of Storyline 360 are you using? You can find this detail by clicking on the Help tab, then About Storyline.

Shonna Falco

Hi Lauren,

It's on specific slides - here's some examples of zoom regions not working correctly: 

Transition from page 1.2.3 to 1.2.4 should zoom to the right. 

Transition from Page 1.2.4 to 1.2.5 zooms to the left in Preview mode but not when published

Page 1.2.14 should first zoom over to the left to center the Word doc, then zoom to the right to show the Close button.

Page 1.2.15 seems to jump instead of zoom

Page 1.2.16 seems to jump instead of zoom

Page 1.2.17 seems to jump instead of zoom

I could go on....it seems like maybe it's pages where there's more than one zoom region?

Leslie McKerchie

Thanks for confirming that you have similar results as what I was experiencing.

This is an issue that has been reported to our team, so I'm adding this conversation to the report and sharing your file as an example as well.

We'll share any updates as we have them, but we have no workaround listed specific to Chrome at this time. If using other browsers is an option, I would make that suggestion.

Ren Gomez

Hi Shonna!

After extensive testing, we have successfully found the zoom animation to be working as expected in Chrome.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.