Articulate Storyline 360

Nov 02, 2017

I've all of sudden started having issues with a time sensitive project. I have a menu where users click and can go to different scenes before returning back to the menu. When all of the topics have been visited, a look activates and takes them to the course completion link. Now out of the blue, the objects aren't saying visited after being clicked. One or two will work but not all. The user can move on to complete the course unless all the objects have been "visited. Any advice for this? my other issue is that in the preview mode I can't see all of the pictures in my story on certain slides. With these 2 issues, I am unable to complete this project. Any help would be appreciated!

4 Replies
Walt Hamilton

Visited states work really well if you visit layers on a slide,  somewhat well if you visit a not-too-complicated series of other slides, and not very well at all if you visit other scenes.

What I recommend is using variables to set custom states. Variables never get confused about where they are, and with a trigger can set the correct state every time.

See the attached file for some samples on how to use them. For an example of why visited states sometimes don't work, see Segment 2 of it.

I have no clue why your pictures are not showing. You may have to attach your .story file here, so someone can help you.

Rachel  Baker

So I think  I may have fixed the error but images that I had to import from another training aren't showing up in the preview for several minutes. I am unable to publish this course until I can get this fixed. The visited state of my menu objects is still wishy-washy too. Is there anyone that can take a look at this training for me? It is confidential information. Thank you. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Rachel,

Our Support team are available to take a look at anything you can't share in public. They'll also be able to sign an NDA if needed. Feel free to upload to us here, and if you'd like to let me know once you've uploaded I can keep an eye on your case and share the final outcome with folks here (in case they're curious what the issue was).

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.