[Articulate Storyline 360] Remove Play Button at the Beginning on Browser View.

May 03, 2018

Greetings,

We published a HTML5/Flash module on 360 and this play button, for the first time, shows up in the beginning of the course(where you have to tap it to begin) when my employer views the course.

A small minority in our team also has this same issue. This play button does not show on me and most of our team mates as well when viewing. We tried addressing the issue that it might be an outdated-flash problem. But after updating their flashes, it still persists. We also tried just publishing it on HTML5 only, but to our dismay, error still persists. 

We also tried checking on our other modules which were also published on HTML5/Flash, but this time, the play button did not show!

This is driving us nuts!

• Why is this play button showing and how come only a few of our members have this issue? I tried reproducing the error by publishing on all 3 formats but still failed to have it display itself. I tried viewing on all browsers and still the same.
  • How do we eliminate this button before the course starts?

Here's the 360 link to the module.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/e3522ad9-2718-4140-9263-ec0e5c418591/review

Just for reference(this is according to our tests):

Browsers that didn’t display a play button:
• Opera
• Opera Neon
• Maxthon Nitro
• Vivaldi
• Microsoft Edge (x2)
• Google Chrome (x2)
• Internet Explorer (x2)

Instances it had a play button
• Firefox
• Google Chrome(x2)

Hoping to hear from you soon,
Abraham Ysmael S.T. Alvarez

27 Replies
D R

Anyone figure out how to change the gray play screen to match the course's design? I thought I read somewhere here that someone found how to do that. 

I figure that the user will still have to  click to engage with the course in order to hear sounds, so might as well use this play button instead of adding a "skipper" slide at the beginning.