Attachment problem

Jun 16, 2020

I created a quiz using Storyline 3 and added a link on the initial screen that users can click on to download and open a PPT presentation that will help users complete the quiz. It worked fine the other day but today I replaced the ppt deck republished and now in Chrome I get a 404 error. I tested in Edge and it worked just fine. Is there an issue with Chrome now and Storyline? Thanks. 

1 Reply
Sam Hill

Hi Jesse, I have seen this on Chrome before opening PDF documents. I believed it to be an issue with Chrome. One of the tests I performed was getting the direct URL to the PDF (like you I was able to open in Edge, IE, Firefox) and then putting the direct URL into Chrome (not using Storyline to access it via a click). Sometimes it would work, sometimes it would not. I could see that the document was on the server, but Chrome would report the 404. I put this down to a Chrome issue. I haven't had the issue in a long time now though, this was about 2 months ago. I think it is worth trying the same kind of test though so you can absolutely rule out Storyline.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.