Audio functionality not working in Storyline 360

Mar 26, 2018

Hi,

I recently downloaded the trial version of Articulate 360 and was trying to create a module using Storyline 360.

The audio functionality (Insert Media --> Audio) doesn't seem to be working. Whenever I try to insert an audio file (MP3 file locally saved), it appears to save it but the file doesn't appear on the timeline. I have attached a few screenshots as reference.

Am I missing something? Has anyone else faced this issue either on the trial or on the full version of Storyline?

I am on Windows 10, Flash player (version 29). Audio file works perfectly on its own.

Any insights / pointers would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
Sayak

8 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Sayak and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Based on those images, it looks like you are handling it correctly. Is this happening with any audio file or just this particular one? 

Curious if the issue happens in any course you are working on or just this particular one?

If it's happening in any/all files, you should certainly conduct a repair of your software.

If you need me to test the audio file, you are welcome to attach it.

Sayak Bhanja

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for the welcome and for getting back to me!

I'm afraid this is happening with any audio file that I try and embed into a module. I have also tried both MP3 and WAV formats.

This is also the case across all .story files that I am creating using Storyline 360. Essentially, I'm not able to insert any audio files to a module.

I just tried repairing the software as you recommended, and what's strange is that it won't let me uninstall the software. The error message that pops up states Storyline 360 is still running, though it's not. (I've attached some more screenshots for reference).

I'll try rebooting my computer right after I post this reply to see if that helps!

Sayak Bhanja

Thought an update on this might helps others facing this (very, very weird) issue.

Just concluded a web conference with John from the Support team. As we found out, not only is inserting an audio file a problem, even the 'Record from Mic' functionality isn't working.

Videos can be inserted (and played back).

With all the usual suspects lined up and ruled out, it's speculated the issue could be related to the Anti-Virus software installed on my computer.

So here's the work-around:

Run Storyline 360 in 'Administrator' mode from the Program Files folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Articulate\360\Storyline), everything works fine!

Thank you again to the Articulate Support team for taking the time to investigate and help with this issue.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.