Best practices Browser settings Articulate 360 for mobile

Jan 18, 2017

Hello , I'm struggling to figure out was it the optimal browser size when I'm launching my course on mobile.

I tried different options without success.

I uploaded  the course in ExpertusOne LMS and I published for HTML5/Flash.

When I launched the course the size of the player is not right and the navigation buttons are hidden.

Any recommendation?

4 Replies
Michael Hinze

Does this also happen when you upload your course to a 'normal' webserver (not an LMS)? Maybe your LMS launches a course in a fixed-size window. I would also set the browser size to 'Display at user's current browser size' and the player size to 'Scale player to fill browser window' as described here and then test again.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sylvie,

Thanks for sharing that image here - what device are you viewing it on? It should be resizing to fit within the entire screen of the device if you're using one of the devices here with the supported browsers. 

Have you looked at testing this course outside your LMS? You could look at testing this course as well within SCORM Cloud which is an industry standard for LMS testing. You'll see here the information about testing within SCORM Cloud and that article will walk you through the process. 

Sylvie Moisy

Hello,

Thanks for your inputs , my published parameters were right. I used Ipad Air2 to test the course.

After inquiring, The frame that opens in my LMS is 890 x 555 px.

I changed  the slide size to 4:3 as recommended in the artcicle here ( I assumed it will be the same with S360).

it resolved my issue a little bit , but the black background in the mobileplayer is still too high.

Is there a way to adjust? ( manually , from css file ?)

Now I noticed another issue, even if I blocked the vertical view it goes to vertical and when I go back to horizontal, it chooses randomly the horizontal player or vertical player.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sylvie,

You could look at removing all the player elements to try and remove it, and as far as the CSS file, it's something that our team can't assist with but there are folks who do so within the Community forums. Here are steps on how to remove all the player elements in Storyline 2 and get closer to an entirely chromeless player.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.