Best way to display PDFs
I´m setting up a new LMS, that comes with Articulate. I need to upload almost 200 PDFs, in Articulate, in a couple of days.
I´m wondering what´s the quickest and easiest method to do it. The PDFs should be displayed in the same course, not in a different window, nor in Resources. We should ensure the person goes through the entire PDF. A read and understood message should appear at the end for the employee to click (later we will include a quiz).
I have tried some unsuccessful options in Storyline and Rise as well:
• I have tried as a Trigger / Jump to URL (an internal Sharepoint), but the following message appears: Method “Title” not supported by automation object. Nevertheless I click ok, and I can review the PDF, but outside Articulate, and cannot return back to Articulate.
• I have tried to create a scrolling panel, and then inserting a WebObject, but the following error message appears: “This content cannot be displayed in a frame”.
• I have tried to insert a WebObject and again the error message appears saying: “This content cannot be displayed in a frame”.
• I have tried exporting the PDF into JPG to be inserted into a scrolling panel, but the PDF is split in several JPGs….
• I have tried adding the hyperlink to the specific document in Sharepoint, but the Rise is redirecting to “Microsoft Online / Sign to your account”, and when you click there, does not direct you to the specific PDF.
• I have tried again inserting as a process, but I will need to upload each page of the JPG, which will be very time consuming.
What would you suggest?