Better to upgrade or import SL2 to 360? Corrupt files

Apr 27, 2017

I have downloaded Storyline360 to trial. I am finding that in most of my projects, some random layers of some slides seem corrupt and cause SL360 to shut down.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it generally better to upgrade an SL2 project to SL360, or import an SL2 project into a new SL360 project to avoid this issue?

Thanks

Sarah

10 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Sarah,

Thanks for letting us know you're working from your local hard drive, since network drives tend to be the culprit of these kinds of issues.

Would you mind sharing one of your original Storyline 2 files with me? I'd be interested in testing the upgrade to Storyline 360 on my end. You can attach the file here, or use this form to send it privately.

Lisa Francescon

Hello, I recently upgraded to 360 from Storyline 2.   My file SL2 file will not open in SL360.  Even if I save the file on my desktop or on the network - either way, I get this message:  "This project is invalid or corrupt and cannot be opened.  It may have been created in an earlier version of Storyline."  It opens with no issue in SL2.  Please advise.

Sarah Cook

Hi Lisa

I'm not an expert and you may get a better response from staff - but have
you tried opening a new project in SL360 then importing the slides from SL2
into it (rather than opening the file directly)? I have been doing that -
you will have to rebuild the Player but it seems less buggy this way.

Sarah

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.