Bug in 360 questions.

Dec 20, 2023

Hello All,

A new bug seems to have crept into the questions where, if you have an amendment to an existing question:

• You go in, change the text.
  • The text changes but retains the old text in the hover, selected and down states.
  • Sometimes, the changed text appears in one of the other states but not in the 'Normal' state. 
  • unselecting the question before making the change sometimes avoids this, but not always.

This is a real issue, as it now takes more than twice as long to make a question, as you have to double check all the states. Unselecting them before making the change can introduce errors if you mistakenly forget to recheck it as the correct answer. Not great where all you are doing is a bit of minor text maintenance on a previously tested module.

Also, the height or length of the hover state sometimes increases or decreases when making text changes, making the question selection jump around when hovering over and sometimes the text where you enter the main question box at the very top will randomly extend way over to about 2000 px for no reason. This often happens where importing a question bank from some other module.

I've been using Storyline for over 10 years and I'm certain that the questions were never as buggy as they are now. Thoughts please?

Cheers, Stephen.

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Stephen,

Happy to help!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I tested on a basic Storyline 360 question slide but I was unable to replicate the behavior you encountered. In the screenshot below, you'll see that making changes to the text of the base object changes the format of the text across all states.

The complexity of the question slide being edited might have an effect on whether formatting will be correctly applied or not. Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!