Bullet point are displayed on left for Arabic langauge in Storyline 360

Aug 01, 2018

Hi,

When I am trying to add the bullet point for on screen/slide text for Arabic font, the bullet points are being displayed on left instead of Right, even after I have selected Right-To-Left text direction.

Can you please help me if there is any solution ? 

I have attached the file for reference. Please check it.

Thanks & Regards,

Chetan

11 Replies
Katie Riggio

I'm so sorry you've come across this problem, Chetan. We've identified an issue in update 17 for Storyline 360 where Arabic text with right-hand side bullet points move to the left instead.

I know how frustrating this can be for a course creator, as the goal is to produce high-quality and accurate content. While I don't have a workaround to share at this time, you're in the right place and we'll let you know as much as we can, as soon as we can!

Chetan Salunkhe

Thanks for acknowledging the issue, @Katie!

In fact, I noticed that even if you try to format (make bold/italic/underline/change the color) the part of the Arabic text, it moves to left.

I am sure your efficient team will take this bull by its horn and turnaround with the fix, as soon as possible. I have a client deliverable pending this weekend. Will it be fixed by then? 

Thanks in Advance!

-Chetan

Katie Riggio

Good morning, Chetan–and thanks for the kind words!

You're spot-on, this issue also happens when any formatting is applied. While I don't have an ETA to share at this time, we'll certainly post all updates here once we have them.

Additionally, I opened a support case on your behalf, so our Support Engineers can work with you one-on-one to see if there's anything we can offer in the meantime  ..and if you don't mind sharing your .story file with us, here's your unique upload link!

Thanks again for continuing to reach out, and keep your eyes out for an email from support@articulate.com!

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Chetan,

I'm happy to share that we just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes that you'll see in the release notes here.  

I'm sure you'll be most interested in:

Fixed: Sometimes, the right-to-left text was backward or reversed, and bullet points moved to the left of the text.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Katie Riggio

Hi there. So sorry you're running into this roadblock!

A fix for the issue where right-to-left text would sometimes display backward or reversed and bullet points moved to the left of the text was released in Update 19 for Storyline 360.

To help us explore our next steps, could I confirm these key details?

• What version of Storyline are you using? You can find this detail by clicking on the Help tab, then About Storyline.
  • With your permission, we can troubleshoot your .story file. If that works for you, you can upload your file privately to our Support team here. We'll let you know what we find, and will delete it when we nail down the culprit! 
Kelly Auner

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Would you be willing to share your project file with us for further testing? You can attach it here or privately in a support case. We'll be sure to delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.