Bullet Points

Jun 11, 2012

Does anyone have any input on how to format bullets? In SL I have noticed that I cannot change the color of the bullets or change their sizes, as I can in Studio. 

Also, sometimes (but not always) the bullets size differently in the same text box. 

Is there an easier way to work will bullet points in SL?

35 Replies
Darin Fennell

Hey Christie -- Thanks for your reply. At the point of my first e-mail, I had not published my module. I simply was creating content in Storyline 2 and noticed the issue with the bullets. Upon discussing the matter with my teammate, I tried creating bullet points one at a time (as opposed to creating a list and trying to bullet them all at once). Apparently, one at a time is the way to do it. Coming from a Word-centric world, I guess I was surprised the former way would not work. Lesson learned.

Daniel Chodos

It has been almost 2 years since this thread was active, and Storyline 360 is now been available for a while.  Has the bullet point formatting been fixed so we can define bullet point color, size, and indents in the slide master?

I think it is an unacceptable solution to have to manually format every bullet point in an entire slide deck.  My company creates a lot of online training modules, and we often reuse slides.  The current workaround is the manual formatting/reformatting method, and it is painstakingly slow and tedious.

Daniel Chodos
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Daniel,

Currently the bullet color and size is controlled within the Bullet and Numbering properties. Indents can be controlled in the Paragraph section of the Home tab. If you'd like to chime in with your feedback on this, please share your thoughts with us through a feature request. Thanks!

I submitted several bullet point feature requests.