Can’t upload a mp4 video file to my Articulate 360

Feb 24, 2020

Hi
I can’t upload a mp4 video file to my Articulate 360. I got this information: “The selected video could not be imported. Please ensure you have the latest version of Windows Media Player…”
I have read all the Windows documentations about Windows Media Player 12, reinstalled it and ad necessary windows program - Windows (KB3010081). I have before this used the same video uploads (upload video) in Articulate permanently for years, with no problems.
The video is produced first in PowerPoint and then insert I Articulate Replay 360 for adding sound and then publish in a MP4 file. I have used nearly two day updating the Windows Media Player but I give up. I have installed VLC media player but get the same information about “ensuring to have the latest version of Windows Media Player”
I work from my home and use Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202) and ask you if there are another video player I can use instead of the Windows player, or another method I can use uploading video to Articulate.
On beforehand thank you.

1 Reply
Ren Gomez

Hi Bo,

Sorry to hear you're running into this issue, and I appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot.

I don’t want to lose any of the information that you’ve shared so far, so I’ve opened a support case on your behalf and will e-mail you a link to directly upload your video file for one of our support engineers to take a look. We'll let you know our findings and will delete it after having a closer look.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.