CC disappears when using custom pause button in Storyline 360

Aug 02, 2018

I have a course I've created with a custom navigation shell that uses the new CC functionality in Storyline 360. When my custom "Pause" button is clicked, the CC disappears and only reappears when "Play" is clicked. I've tried pausing the timeline having the pause button open a layer that pauses the base timeline, and alternatively by just having the Pause button pause the timeline (Pause timeline on This Slide When the User Clicks). Both ways the CC disappears.

I've noticed that the CC does NOT disappear if I turn on the standard Storyline progress bar and use the Pause button that appears there to pause the course. Is it possible to get the code that Storyline is using on that button and put that onto my custom button? Or is there another way to pause the course so that the CC box remains on screen?

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for reaching out, Robin! Smart idea to also open a support case.

It looks like the captions remain on screen if you use the player Pause button, but not if you use a custom Pause button on the slide stage. I'm glad you brought this to our attention, because it looks like Richard was able to log this issue as a software bug. 

As soon as we know more, we'll pass it on to you. I'm sorry for the trouble!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.