Changing the State of Shapes

Aug 12, 2014

I'm trying to build a course where the learner is presented with several boxes on slide 1. When each box is clicked it links to another slide(s) in the course.

What I'm looking to have happen is: when the user clicks on box A which links them to slide 1.2, upon returning to slide 1 I would like to have box A change color (to signify completion of the section).

I'm trying to play around with the states and triggers but can't quite find how to make the connection between the state of the shape changing based on the slide(s) viewed.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

8 Replies
Michael Hinze

See attached file that shows two options to change the state of an object:

1. Use the object's built-in Visited state (no triggers required)

2. Change the state of an object based on the value of a variable, which is set on another slide (uses a variable and a couple of triggers).

Hope that gives you some ideas.

Angela St. Pierre

The second option is definitely what I'm looking to do but despite having my settings the same as in the attachment provided, I still can't get the functionality to work.

Once I set my variable to True and I preview the slide the state of the shape changes instantly instead of when I return to the original slide.

Angela St. Pierre

Ok so when you'll see the two puzzle pieces. If you click on the left puzzle piece (orange in the demo view) it takes you to another slide. To return to the first slide click on the larger puzzle.

At first view the pieces should both be beige and should only turn orange after clicking on the piece and viewing the subsequent slide.

Michael Hinze

Angela St. Pierre said:

Ok so when you'll see the two puzzle pieces. If you click on the left puzzle piece (orange in the demo view) it takes you to another slide. To return to the first slide click on the larger puzzle.

At first view the pieces should both be beige and should only turn orange after clicking on the piece and viewing the subsequent slide.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.