Copying Storyline 360 Results slides

Mar 06, 2024

Hello all, I'm not sure whether I have a bug or if this is by design. I've found that I'm not able to duplicate a results slide and have it behave independently of the results slide I made a copy of. For example, if I update the results slide to process a separate set of questions, and give the results a new name (which is then used as the variable, for example "RESULTSB.ScorePoint") it also updates and changes the variable on the results slide I copied it from.

Is this a bug, or do we always need to create a results slide from scratch? SLIDES > Results > Graded Results > Insert Slide

2 Replies
Judy Nollet

It's the latter: Always create a Results slide from scratch. 

A Results slide has a lot of built-in functionality, and the program has to create the necessary scoring variables. That's why duplicating, copying-and-pasting, and importing a Results slide causes problems. 

If you want to maintain a certain look across multiple Results slide in a single course, I suggest you create custom Master Slide and Feedback Layouts. Or you can copy and paste objects from one inserted Results slide to another. (Be sure to update the variable references.)