Corrupted file???

Nov 04, 2017

I saved this file all along. Saving the last slide something happened. The computer hung and now I get a message that the file is corrupted or made in a previous version of Storyline. Seeing that the latter is not true.. I'm at a loss. Can you help at all???? I'm a little distraught by the whole episode.... Thanks.

3 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Ken

I tried opening your file and got the same error. I then created a new project file and tried to import your SL file in - I got this error message. Was this file created initially from PPT? Perhaps you should log a support ticket with Articulate and link to this post so they can see the error.

Sorry couldn't be more help.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Ken. I had the same results as Wendy.  Let's see if we can help you find a temporary, working version of your project. Here's how to check: 

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline 
  2. Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop. 
  3. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.
  4. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline. 

File corruption is unpredictable, and there's no straightforward way to determine what causes it. Common causes are environmental (disk errors, power outages, improper shutdowns), viruses, failed Windows updates, and even large file size. Check out the ideas in this article to protect your project files.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.