Course Completion Slide

Jun 08, 2021

Hello! 

I'm new relatively new to Storyline (this is the first course I'm completing from start to finish). I'm curious about best practices for wrapping up a course. I have 5 scenes, one of which has 3 free form quizzes. I would like to have a completion slide that thanks the participant for taking the course and allowing them to exit. However, I want to make sure that the participant has complete all slides. 

Any suggestions? 

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

Hi, Christina,

Based on your description, I suggest using a Completion trigger on the "thanks and exit" slide and tracking completion with that. 

You'll need to program the course so they can only reach the last slide after completing the other slides. There are various ways to do that. Here's a post about creating a custom menu slide to ensure people visit each scene: 

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/building-better-courses/create-a-custom-menu-slide 

Also, if you want to ensure they have a passing score on the quizzing, you'll need to prevent them from completing the scene with the questions until they pass.

• To do that, start by putting a Disable-Next-Button trigger on the Failure layer of the Results slide. Also put buttons that let the user review that scene and retake the quiz. Put an Enable-Next-Button trigger on the Success layer. That's also where to adjust any variable that tracks scene completion. 
  • Another option: give them unlimited attempts to get each question right, so they can't proceed until they do. (Then you don't need a Results slide.) 
  • Note: You won't be able to send their final score to the LMS when you track with a Completion trigger. But if you force them to pass before getting to the last slide, then you know they passed. (And if there are only 3 questions, I'd make them get 100% to pass.)