Custom feedback for Quiz

Feb 28, 2016

Hi all!

I'm fairly new to Articulate Storyline 2. I was wondering if there's any way to create custom feedback for quiz. For example, in place 'blah-blah-blah is the correct answer', can I direct the student to the slide where the topic of the question was discussed? I'd really appreciate any examples of the same.

Thank you! :-)

8 Replies
Ayesha S

Hi Ashley,

I tried to do as the tutorial suggested. But I ended up creating a custom review layer. I'm happy with it so far. But as you can see at the bottom, there is a separate box that says the question was answered correctly. How I remove/change that? Also at the bottom right corner, there are prev/next buttons. I have unchecked the prev/next/submit boxes on properties for the slide, but they are still showing up. :/ How can I keep them from showing?

Thank you!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Aisha,

You'll need to change the settings for your Review on the Results slide options shown here, to uncheck the "show correct/incorrect responses when reviewing": 

When learners review a quiz (or revisit question slides they've already submitted), they'll see Articulate Storyline's built-in Prev and Next buttons in the lower right corner of the player—even if you've disabled them throughout your course. These navigation buttons are necessary for learners to review quiz slides.

If you'd like to have an option to disable the Prev and Next buttons during quiz review so you can use your own custom navigation buttons, please let us know

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks Aisha for sharing the file. I checked a few of your questions and it looks like they are using the slide property of "reset to initial state" - when using that setting and using the review option, the question is reset as if the user is visiting it for the first time and therefore regardless of how they answered they'll see the "incorrect" prompt during the review. You'll want to use "resume saved state". I tested that on your files and saw the correct banner when answering correctly and vice a versa. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.