customizing drag and drop interaction warning message

May 07, 2015

When the learner chooses not to respond or chooses nothing over a drag and drop slide and press submit, the Storyline system will pop up a message "Invalid Answer. You must complete the question before submitting. OK" 

Question: How (and where) can where I customize and edit this message, say in Chinese and any other language, (as what I am doing now is intended for the Chinese market)?

Thank you.

Vincent Lau

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Vincent!

Articulate Storyline supports non-Western languages, including right-to-left scripts—such as Arabic and Hebrew—and double-byte character sets (DBCS)—such as Chinese, Japanese, and Korean—so you can deliver content in any language.

Articulate Storyline lets you customize the default text used in messages and controls on your course player. You can even switch to a completely different language. Here's how.

Simon Buehring

Actually Leslie, what you have said is not true. I have been developing a course in Arabic and there are 2 major issues I have now found. 

a/ it doesn't support RTL languagse such as Arabic in Slide Masters. By that I mean it refuses to save any RTL paragraph formatting which means I have had the extremely time-consuming job of selecting text on 400+ slides and then manually selecting RTL paragraph setting and right alignment.

b/ A new issue I have discovered which is clearly a bug whereby drag and drop questions in Arabic simply do NOT work.

I really wish Articulate would stop saying their products support RTL and double-byte character sets when this is far from the truth. And I hope Articulate will fix the bugs which there are with such languages rather than pushing them to the end of the priority list because they think not enough users are demanding they get fixed.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Simon! 

Sorry this issue is affecting your course design. I do see where you've recently reached out here and this has been shared with our QA Team, so your voice has been heard. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. 

I took a look at the file you shared in the thread and I did not see a drag and drop. Would you care to share how to replicate the issue you are seeing or perhaps a sample file so that we can take a look at that as well.

Thanks so much.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.