Download Captions from Storyline 360 for a Video

Aug 18, 2021

Hi! I have created a project using Storyline360, I added captions to all of my slides however, I want to publish it as a video. When I publish the video the captions are not there. I then tried exporting the captions, but that only exports the captions from the selected slide. Is there a way to publish the whole project as a video with captions or just the entire project's caption file? Thank you!

Pinned Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi, Sarah and Thieme!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 73, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the new features we've included is: 

Boost video accessibility by including closed captions when publishing projects as MP4 video files.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

4 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Sarah!

By default, the closed captions added in the story file are not included when choosing Publish to Video. But, if you create a trigger that sets the Player.Display.Captions to True on your first slide that should help. 

We currently have this logged as a feature request to include closed captions when publishing to video. I've linked this discussion in the report so we can update you if this is added to our roadmap. 

Please let me know if you have additional questions!

Kelly Auner

Hi, Sarah and Thieme!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 73, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the new features we've included is: 

Boost video accessibility by including closed captions when publishing projects as MP4 video files.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!