Drag and drop

Apr 17, 2014

Hello,

I have created a math assessment where the learner drags the tiles to the appropriate places but I was wondering whether there was a way that the drag-able tiles could be dragged and dropped in different targets?

For example I have created 4 tiles and four targets, I have assigned tile 1 to target 1 and so on but I also want tile 1 to have the possibility to be dropped  in target 2,3,and 4 because  I can't predict which tile the student will place first.

19 Replies
John McNichol

Hi,

Firstly you would have to remove the 'freeform' and make this a drag and drop interaction using your own triggers.

1. Remove freeform by going to the 'Insert' tab and clicking 'Remove Freeform'

2. Give each drag and drop box a 'drop correct' state and 'drop incorrect' state - make them visually different, maybe green for correct and red for incorrect

3. Create 2 triggers for each drag and drop box

Trigger A.

Action: Change state of

On Object: drag and drop box 1 (or whatever you have called your box)

To state: Drop correct

When: Object dropped on

Object: drag and drop box 1

Dropped on: The correct destination

Trigger B.

Action: Change state of

On Object: drag and drop box 1 (or whatever you have called your box)

To state: Drop incorrect

When: Object dropped on

Object: drag and drop box 1

Dropped on: tick all the incorrect destinations

See what you think, if you have any more questions let me know

Thanks

Salwa Saad-Abdulla

I have inserted the Pick one Freeform and added two triggers one for the correct button and one for incorrect button but you should also add conditions for each button.

1) Trigger Correct button

Action: Change state of button 

On object: Button 1 -Correct

To state: Selected

When: User clicks

Object: Submit button

On Condition: set to '==equal to'

Rectangle 1's state is Drop Correct

Rectangle 2's state is Drop Correct

Rectangle 3's state is Drop Correct

Rectangle 4's state is Drop Correct

Rectangle 1's state is Drop Incorrect

Rectangle 2's state is Drop Incorrect

Rectangle 3's state is Drop Incorrect

Rectangle 4's state is Drop Incorrect

Then did the same for incorrect button but set the condition as '!=not equal to'

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Salwa,

What part stopped working? You may want to look at your trigger order for when the states of your items change and how that impacts the selection of your pick one buttons to indicate the user has answered correctly. If you're still having a difficult time, this sounds like a set up that would be easier to troubleshoot if we were able to take a look at your set up and see the triggers. 

It may help in the meantime to look at a sample, and Rebecca has shared one in this thread that you could use as a reference. 

Kartik Tyagi

I've created a drag and drop quiz using articulates default drag and drop template, now I've to change the background color for each of the draggable tab. Is it possible to change the color and style of default articulate storylines's draggable tabs.

For your assistance I also attached the storyfile of my interaction with this message.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.