Drag and Drop free form

Sep 18, 2023

Hello!

I'm having a hard time figuring out if there is a way for me to have a drag and drop free form that, only when the answer is incorrect goes back to its original state. I have tried setting the slide to "reset initial state", but the second problem is, once the learner has finished all sorting all of the statements (in this case, to the true and false sections), if there is one incorrect answer, the options that were correct and already organized, will appear again. How could I prevent this from happening? I have used hidden states when an answer is correct. 

On the other hand, if I set the slide to "resume to saved state", the latter will not happen, but the incorrect answer does not go back to its original position.

I have tried to select in the drag and drop options, to return the item to start point if the object is dropped outside the correct object;  with the correct/incorrect/try again layers' setting, and the size of the questions or statements, number of attempts... and nothing seems to work. 

I have attached a simple example with the same triggers/variables I'm using so that you can see more clearly what I mean. 

Thank you for your help!

Mariana. 

4 Replies
Nedim Ramic

If I understand well, you want the drag item go back to its original position if is dropped onto the incorrect drop zone. What I have changed initially:
1. Unchecked "Reveal drag items one at a time"
2. Set states of all drag items to hidden (all except first drag item)
3. Set state of the next drag item to normal when the previous drag item is dropped to correct drop zone
4. Created a very short (00.10) and very fast motion path for the drag item and trigger to move this drag item along the path if is dropped to incorrect drop zone (path should go from the middle of the incorrect drop zone to the drag item original position) 

Basically, the next drag item is revealed only if the previous drag item is dropped onto the correct drop zone. Otherwise, it will move back to its original position ready to be dragged again. Let me know if this helps.

Luciana Piazza

Hi Mariana! 👋

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing your file with us! I tested your sample file out on my end and was experiencing the same behavior you mentioned with the drop targets and not snapping back to their original position.

I'd like to have our Support Engineers take a closer look at your file. I've gone ahead and opened a private support case on your behalf. They will be in touch shortly via email. You are in great hands!

We'll continue the conversation over in your support case! Have a wonderful start to your day!