Drag and Drop Reset

Apr 13, 2016

Hi.  Not sure if this question has been posted already, but I have created a drag and drop, with two attempts to get it correct before moving on, and I would like correct answers to not reset just the incorrect on the second try.  Is that possible?  

Brenda 

4 Replies
Walt Hamilton

SL has a built-in function that allow objects to return to start point if they are dropped on an incorrect target, but that happens immediately.

Otherwise, you probably need to set a variable to show where an object was dropped, and create a motion path to move it back from each possible drop target. Then write triggers to move it when Suybmit is clicked, depending on the drop location.

It can be done, and I don't want to discourage you if you have to do it that way, but personally, I prefer identifying the incorrect answers, and letting the user drag them off. I think that instant identification and the action of dragging the wrong answers from the target is a very strong reinforcement tool.

Christie Pollick

Hi, Brenda -- I see that Walt is offering some really great input to assist you here! Please let us know if that will work for you, or if you had something else in mind, it might be helpful to share your file if you already have one started. You would be able to upload by using the 'ADD ATTACHMENT " button on the bottom left of the reply box. :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.