Drag and drop shuffle error after updating Storyline 360 to V3.12.14533.0

Jan 24, 2018

Hi,

I notice that after updating Storyline 360 to the latest version build 3.12.14533.0 which was released yesterday, the drag and drop slides that I have created previously are not behaving normally. Upon releasing the drag item at the drop area, the item returns back to start point.

After a few experiments, I found out that it was the shuffle option which causes the misbehave. If the setting is set to shuffle - answer, the misbehave occurs. But if it is set to shuffle - none, then it works fine but without answer shuffled.

Hence, at the moment the temporary solution I found is to position the drag items in a random spot to re-create the shuffle look. Hope this helps other user which faces this bug problem.

Hopefully the technical support may do something about this. Even though it is not critical problem but it would be a waste to have the shuffle setting there but cannot be use.

19 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello Emalyn and Dom,

This sounds really similar to an issue we just reported to our team where a freeform drag and drop slide breaks when the drag object has a text box added and "shuffle answers" is enabled. This issue appeared in Update 12 of Storyline 360. 

Our team is taking a look at this, and I'll keep you posted here! If you need anything else, please let me know. 🙂

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Emalyn and Dom,

Thanks for your patience on this! 

We just pushed out a fix for this issue where drag-and-drop interactions wouldn't work in HTML5 output when shuffling was enabled and drag items had states with text boxes. 

To use the latest update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Hope that helps! 

Jonas Brolin Hjortsberg

Hi,

I did not have any problems with the previous build, I tested a drag and drop yesterday and it worked, but this morning I updated to Build 3.12.14612.0.

Now my drag and drop, which do not have shuffle, do not work. This is in html5 output. It is not always possible to drag the alternatives the first time, and sometimes the dragobject does not align with the mousecursor. When revisiting the drag and drop page it should "resume to saved" state, which does not work - instead most drag objects and some text do not show.

I tested the flash output which works as expected. 

Hi Jonas, Andrey and Chris,

I'm so sorry for the issues you've run into with Update 12! Our team is looking into something similar, but we'd want to get our hands on your file and explanations as well to help narrow it down! Can you send them along by uploading here?

If you reach out that way, they'll also be able to provide you a link to Update 11 so that you can roll back while our team fixes this. 

Dom Sweeten

Ok thanks. We are keen to know how things are to be supported with SL3 as we run a consortium of FE colleges in the UK (95 member colleges), most of whom have bought into SL2.

We are looking to recommend upgrading to SL3 for the consortium's development. However, we are experiencing quite a few problems with HTML5 output in SL3 at the moment, so are holding fire...

Hi Dom,

It sounds a bit different than what folks are sharing here - but still something our team can look into. I know you discussed an issue with my colleague Leslie where the drag and drop you were working on wasn't snapping correctly to the drop targets. That issue is reported to our team - so we'll keep you posted on that in your Support case. 

If you have run into something else, let us know! If you already have a forum discussion started our team will find it there, and if you haven't yet started a Support case you can always do so here! 

I totally understand Dom, and narrowing down that common factor can be frustrating!

I tend to look at testing the same file in the same environments. So for example, how does SL2 and SL3 behave when published for Flash and HTML5 and uploaded to Tempshare as an option?

You can then test that in a one standard browser as a baseline...keeping an eye on the end of the URL for the content to tell you if it's Flash or HTML5. Storyline 2 will show it as story.html or story_html5.html. Storyline 3 will show it as story_flash.html or story_html5.html.  

From there if it's behaving the same, try a different browser, or a different hosting option. 

Also, since you're on Storyline 3 the issues discussed earlier in this discussion won't be ones you'd run into - so it may also be best to start a new discussion or a Support case. That way we won't muddy the waters here and cause any other confusion for you, others in ELH, and even staff!

It's been a busy day - but we'll get you the help you need! Just let me know if you start the Support case and I can follow along too. 😀

Hi Dom, 

If there is a fix for an issue in Storyline 360 that also exists in Storyline 3, we'll let folks know in the same discussion.

Since the initial issue mentioned here only appeared in Storyline 360 Update 12, it wouldn't have impacted Storyline 3 yet (Storyline 3 has all the fixes in Storyline 360 up to Update 8). 

We'd be happy to take a look at your .story file for Storyline 3 and see what's happening there and help troubleshoot! If you started a new discussion we'll respond there soon. :-) 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.