ELH Challenge #363- Results Slide Makover

Apr 28, 2023

For this challenge, I focused on using the "intersects" trigger, which I had never used before. I combined that trigger with multiple motion paths so that the results slide would have a lawn mower that moves along one of the paths, depending on the quiz outcome.

In this case, I set multiple motions paths and labeled them to different possible scores. Then, I added triggers that change the state of each image of grass that the mower intersects with so that the grass looks shorter. This isn't 100% realistic as all the mower has to do is touch the grass object and it changes states, but it was exciting to see the possibilities of triggering actions based on the collision of two objects.

What have you used the "intersects" trigger for in your eLearnings?

LINK: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/d353b930-5b61-40ce-8cb8-3a5a7af5f9d2/review

4 Replies
Sandeep Gadam

Hi Pedro, that was really cool stuff. One thing that I noticed is that on the quiz slides, when we revisit the same interaction slide multiple time the question count keeps changing. So is this intended to work in that way?

Additionally on the results page, instead of changing the state of grass to shorter state (which happens suddenly), my guess is that it would be pleasant if we can add some motion path animations and this motion path triggers when the mover intersects each grass object.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thank you!

Pedro Gutierrez

Hi Sandeep, thanks for checking out my example! Great catch on the quiz slide numbering- I added a trigger now to reset the variable when arriving to the Results slide so that the count doesn't keep growing.

I like your idea of adding motion paths to the grass images instead of a state change. I think I may try that out.

Pedro Gutierrez

Hi Sandeep, great catch! I tweaked the trigger so that it only increases the question number if it's less than 5. However, if this were a client's course I probably would not leave the menu open, so that the learner won't navigate through the screens using the menu like you have; they would have to retry the quiz only from the button on the Results slide. I left the menu open in this case to allow people the ability to explore the content freely. I'm curious to know if you have any suggestions against or for removing or locking down the side menu and having learners navigate solely through the interface?