Embed a PDF in to Storyline Articulate 360

Nov 20, 2018

Hello,

We had all sorts of difficultly attempting to embed a PDF in to our project.  When published to the LMS either a white screen displayed or a browser error was shown.

It appears a PDF needs to be 'hosted' on a web server and a Web Object utilized to display the PDF content.  Is that correct?

I understand Adobe Captivate captures a PDF inside the project and external linking is not required.

I'd really appreciate any thoughts/assistance please.

Thank you1  Nic :) 

4 Replies
Hans Christian Macaraeg

Hi Nicole,

I am sure that our community experts can give you detailed information on how to keep your project working. As I understand it, you need to upload the pdf file to a web server the insert it as a web object.

While waiting for our experts to jump in a help out, you might want to take a look at this thread as it has ideas that might help you move forward on your project. Also, there is another thread similar to your concern but it's a bit older discussion, I am going to share it anyways just in case you want to check it out. Below is the thread:

Can I attach or embed a PDF?

Wish all the best on your current and future projects

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Linda and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for reaching out and sharing that you would like to include a pdf resource with your project.

If you include the pdf in the resources of your course, there is no need to do any extra work post-publish as the document will be a part of the published project.

Here is some documentation.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.