Engage 360 gray play button screen when importing to Storyline

Jun 29, 2023

I'm using Engage 360 and importing the file to Storyline in order to publish in RISE. I have added a duplicate slide  so that I can avoid the black play button screen at the beginning of the course, but when it moves to slide 2 (engage interaction) then I still get the play button screen. I want to avoid this so that my interaction is seamless. I noticed that if I add my own play button to the first slide, it works as intended and seamlessly moves into the engage interaction. I'd prefer not to add a play button if I don't have to. Any ideas how to fix this?

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hi Morgan, 

Thanks for reaching out!

Most modern browsers block websites from automatically playing media files unless viewers have interacted with them at least once. This policy is explained in this official Google article. Even though you've already interacted with your Rise 360 course, embedded Storyline 360 blocks exist in a different space and thus require you to interact with them at least once too before media files are allowed to play - this is the reason why you are seeing the play button.

Even though there is no way to get around the autoplay policy, you can change the background of the play button screen in your course to make it more appealing visually. Here's how

Hope this helps!