Error #1009 after Windows 8.1 update

Aug 13, 2015

I did an update for on my computer that included an update for Windows 8.1 earlier today and I now receive an Error #1009 when I open up the Player Properties window in Storyline 2. It doesn't seem to affect the file as I work on it. It's annoying but I can still work. But I'm not sure if it will affect the course when I publish it. I do think this error is associated with this Windows 8.1 update. A co-worker did the updates also and now is getting the same error. Is there any way to fix this or does the fix need to be made in the Storyline application. Below I am including the complete error and attaching a screen capture if a partial list of the updates that were part of the Windows update.

Thanks for any help you can offer

Error:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at com.articulate.wg.v3_0::wgNavTreeNode/SetSelectedSlide()
at com.articulate.wg.v3_0::wgNavTreeNode/SetSelectedSlide()
at com.articulate.wg.v3_0::wgOutline/SlideChanged()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at com.articulate.bw.v3_0.core.slide::bwSlide/DispatchFrameEvent()
at com.articulate.bw.v3_0.core.slide::bwSlide/NotifySlideTransitionIn()
at com.articulate.bw.v3_0.core.slide::bwSlide/AnimationStart()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at com.articulate.bw.v3_0.animation::bwAnimation/PlayAnimation()
at com.articulate.bw.v3_0.core.slide::bwSlide/ShowSlide()
at com.articulate.bw.v3_0.core.slide::bwSlide/OnFrameShowSlide()

8 Replies
Daniel Servan

Try this Workaround.

Uninstall the updates you've made on Windows 8.1.

To work around this problem, use the Programs and Features item in Control Panel instead of System Restore. To do this, click View installed updates in the navigation panel in Programs and Features, select KB3000850 in the list, and then click Uninstall.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rex

Jeremy Lally

Thanks for the responses.

I have just followed the steps from the topic Unexpected or Erratic Behavior in Articulate Storyline 2 which included installing the latest update of Storyline but I am still getting the this Error #1009 message.

Can this error cause a hard-to-detect problem when I publish the course or is it a problem with the Player properties interface that doesn't affect the project?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.