Error message when downloading Storyline 3 and Articulate 360

May 19, 2018

Hi

I am moving to a new laptop and need to download Storyline 3 and Atriculate 360 onto the new laptop. For both I am getting the following error message  - 800704EC.

I have downloaded the exe files, then click run and install and get a screen that says it failed to install with that error message. 

What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Thanks

Leanne

3 Replies
Chris Santos

Hi Leanne,

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided on this page to see if any of them resolves your issue?

Also make sure you have met at least the minimum system requirements detailed here.

If the troubleshooting steps did not work and you have met the minimum system, let us know so that we can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks.

Chris S.

Joe Tansengco

Hello,

Just to add to the above, this error sometimes occurs due to incorrect or failed installations or uninstallations of software that may have left invalid entries in your Windows registry. In the event that this is the case, you would need to correct the errors in the registry in order to fix the issue. 

How to fix the "0x800704ec" error

You can check out the link above which explains into detail why this error occurs, and it also has a link to a free tool the checks your registry, but you can also find one that you prefer that can check for registry errors. 

Regards,

Joe

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.