Error opening a PDF in a file when publishing to web in Storyline 2

Hi, I've published courses with files attached a billion times but this time I am getting this error: 

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below. 

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>ECB32C4D6EBBA186</RequestId>
<HostId>
HlPb9UAUyDQvvboyfPWQ7lQX9OqR8INAOPANz/bk/kmosDwRVn2+XPCQH/yhRZpat+hMEaFxvQ0=
</HostId>
</Error>

I've tried attaching from the network and from my desktop.  I've deleted the file and attached again, and when I look in the story content/ external files folder, I can see the file attached.  Help?  

Tanya 

 

5 Replies
Ali Goulet

Hey Tanya,

Sorry this is happening! Is this a file that's been added to the resources tab? If so, there was an issue similar to this that was fixed in a recent update to Storyline 2, update 11. I'm curious if it could be the one you're encountering. You can download the latest update here, and after downloading and installing the latest update you’ll want to republish any existing content to ensure that the updates and fixes are applied.

I would also recommend checking out the info here regarding working locally and file path naming, as those can certainly interfere here as well. 

Keep me posted! :)

Ali Goulet

Hey Tanya!

Thanks for including your published output here. One thing I noticed is that the file attached in your project includes a "#" in the file name. I would try renaming the file to not include any special characters then attach it in the resources and publish again. You'll want to avoid using special characters, accents, or symbols in your file paths and file names. You can check out this Microsoft article for more reference regarding naming conventions. 

Let me know how that goes!