Error when publishing to Word

Feb 19, 2014

I have published an earlier version of a Storyline module to Word for review, but when I attempt to publish it again, I get the error message: "The folder [module name] output is read-only, being used by another process or you do not have the proper security permission to access this resource.

I have saved the module under a different name, tried saving the published version under a different name and different location but still get the error message.

9 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Deborah,

When you changed the folder, you're still saving to a local drive, correct? Do you have the other instance of the Storyline word document open while publishing? I'm curious if you could do a "save as" on the Storyline file, and then try publishing that version? If you'd like to share the Storyline file with us I'm happy to try following the same steps you took to publish two versions of the course to Word. 

Sian Westcombe

I'm getting exactly the same problem but unlike Deborah I can't fix it.  It publishes in all other formats OK but not the Word version. I have tried saving to small file name with no characters and publishing to local drive but nothing works.  Even tried just creating a very simple Articulate file and trying to publish that but I still get the error message.   Annoyingly I know it's worked in the past but just not working now.  Any other suggestions?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.