"Expandable and then return to normal" Image in Storyline 360 Quiz

May 13, 2023

Hi everyone,

Another one of the new folks here.

I am creating a graded quiz in storyline 360 where the user needs to be able to click on the image, the image expands to a "full screen" size, and then return to its normal size when the user clicks on it again. I am assuming this would be a fairly common scenario and I while I have found a case that explained the basic way of doing it, I cannot seem to get it to work.

I have enclosed a screenshot to show my approach which works to an extent. I created the normal image on the quiz and then created an expanded state. I set the trigger to change the image to the expanded state when a user clicked it, and it worked fine. The issue comes in getting it back to a normal state. I thought this would be fairly simple but clearly I am not doing it correctly.

I have tried to create another trigger afterwards that the image would go to normal state when clicked but then neither worked. So I thought it may be object conditions for one or both of the triggers but I cant seem to work either. I'm sure it must be something simple that I am missing but I would appreciate anyone's guidance into what I am doing wrong.

Thanks so much!

2 Replies
Judy Nollet

The simplest way to toggle the image would be to put the larger version into the Selected state. Then you don't need any triggers. When an object has a Normal state and a Selected state, clicking it will toggle between those two states.

Another option is to use the Zoom Picture feature. That automatically increases the size of a picture to fill as much of the player as possible, based on its resolution.