Font formatting in Storyline 360

Jul 19, 2022

I'm getting the distinct feeling that I cannot format text in Storyline like in any other application. When I go to format a single word or line for color, font choice, size, or style, the change is applied to the entire text box. So . . .

Q1 - Is this possible to do without using the default/custom text styles? Font control doesn't work the same way as it does in PPT for example.

Q2 - Or am I going to have to break up paragraphs of text into separate lines in order to apply any color and font style changes in order to do what I want? If this is so, this is a major PITA and shortcoming to this program. This is beginning to look a lot like the old Macromedia Director . . . :(

2 Replies
Judy Nollet

It's true that when you apply a style, the style is applied to the entire paragraph. 

However, whether a paragraph has a custom style or is just "Normal," you should be able to select any bit of text and adjust its color, font, size, etc.  The Format Painter also works to apply the settings from one piece of text to another. So, from what I see and can do, that is like adjusting text in PowerPoint (and many other programs that do or don't allow for defining styles).

If Storyline isn't letting you do that, I suggest you contact the support staff.