font size of closed captions (SL360)

Jun 15, 2017

Hi,

is there a way to increase the font size of closed captions? The import went well, the timing is perfect and the position of closed captions box works just fine, but the font size seems pretty small. Changing or creating theme font doesn't effect the closed captions. So... I am stuck (for the moment)

Hermann Plasa

34 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi Brooke,

Thank you for checking in!

I'm sorry that I don't have an update to share for more customization options for Closed Captions as of yet. We're closely tracking requests, so I'll make sure our report is updated with your voice.

We're still on a journey to give all learners the best experience. Explore our public roadmap to learn which accessibility enhancements we're working on next:

Kuriko A

Hi Matthew, thanks so much for sharing your workaround! I've used it on a past project and it worked great! However, my current project is using the new 'Modern' player in Storyline 360 and the workaround no longer seems to work with this player. The Modern player only runs in HTML5, and I notice there is no longer a story_html.html file in the output. Would I need to do something different to get your workaround to work with the new player?  

Leslie McKerchie

Hello everyone!

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360 and included some new features a few important fixes you'll see in the release notes.

The item you'll be interested in is:

New: Make closed captions easier to read. Increase the captions font size up to 200% in the modern player.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.