Gaps between images and player border in Storyline 360

Sep 13, 2017

I am experiencing an issue where there are bits of blank space between some images and the player border. I have double checked, and these images are pulled far over the slide border in the .story file, sometimes dramatically so, and this is still happening. The gaps seem to appear in different places in different browsers. (See attached images.)

Has anyone else experience this, and is there a solution? Please help! We can't deliver files to clients like this. We have had complaints before about gaps (that were our error), and it makes the module look like it was done without attention to detail or a quality check. 

This is happening when viewing locally and in SCORM Cloud, and it seems to be inconsistent on which slides it happens on. 

I am running the latest update of the software. 

7 Replies
Paul Oliver

I'm experiencing the same issue in Storyline 360, no matter how far the graphics extend over the slide it still puts a gap that is about two pixels all the way around the content of the slides between the player. The weird thing is that it looks like it only effects the graphics that are on the top of the layers so I can see the graphics that reside on the lower layers of the slide.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Tyler and Paul, 

I wanted to let you know that this is fixed in our latest update to Storyline 360. You can launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application - details here.

If you're still seeing the odd display, let me know and we'd be happy to take a look at your file. You can share it here using the Add Attachment button or send along to our Support engineers here. 

Karl Trolenberg

Ashley,

I am having the same issue. When I preview the attached file on frame "1.1 TEST_001", the bullet on the bottom right corner with the next and back buttons, looks like it has gaps between the images. When I zoom into the image the gaps are not there. I'm not sure how I can fix this.

Thanks

Karl

Crystal Horn

Hi Karl.  Thanks for sharing your file.  I can see the line distinguishing between the different images that compose the bullet at the bottom.  I tested with adjacent images in a new file, and I could see the same behavior in the published output, although it varied at different browser zoom levels.

I'm going to write this up for our team to review.  I'm sorry it is impacting the quality of your effect, but I'll keep you updated on any potential changes or workarounds.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.