GIFs don't move? (Articulate Storyline 360)

Feb 22, 2017

Hello Heroes, 

I've seen some posts about this issue, but there are many different cases, I got lost and prefer to create a new one. Here's the problem:

Created a GIF using Photoshop. A simple arrow going up and down, with "Once" feature so it doesn't loop to infinity. I upload it to stage, but in preview mode it doesn't move.

How can I fix this? I really need do integrate GIFs on my e-Leaning products.

I'm using Articulate Storyline 360 by the way!

Thanks in advance!

Pinned Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 76, we’ve included important fixes and new features!

One enhancement we’ve included:

Storyline 360 now supports high-resolution animated GIFs.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

25 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Brian, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this snag.

I did a quick test using a high-quality GIF and I can confirm that the GIF worked without any issues. Here's a link to the published slide so you can take a look. Since the issue you're experiencing appears to be isolated to the GIFs that you created, would you be willing to share a copy of your GIF files here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete them when we're done testing!