Hard disk 100% usage

Nov 11, 2020

using a story line 360 with new model laptop windows 10 and it keeps using the hard disk by 100 % usage and all the updates are installed how ever it stuck at the high disk usage, can you help?

1 Reply
Aljonell Patiga

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear that you're running into this concern, I just would like to ask, when do you exactly get the 100% usage? Is it when you're starting it up or just idle or exporting? Some actions may need higher usage due to process it is running in the background. I understand that it's a new laptop, I just wanna share  an article which outlines the minimum system requirements for authoring and viewing Articulate Studio 360 courses.

CPU - 2 GHz processor or higher (32-bit or 64-bit)
Memory - 2 GB minimum
Available - Disk Space 1 GB minimum
Display - 1,280 x 800 screen resolution or higher
Multimedia - Sound card, microphone, and webcam for recording narration and video

However if you're going to do a lot of work on  your laptop, it's best to take other things that will be running on the machine aside from Storyline.  You'll have browsers open, possibly an Anti-virus / Firewall running in the background, there's also the Operating system which will eat up some of that hard drive space as well as memory. 

Higher specification than the recommended should provide you better performance, the best upgrade I would suggest is going for an SSD hard drive for your primary. This will drastically improve the speed at which your Operating System performs and your content is accessed and written, the size of the hard drive is something you can decide on and adjust depending on your budget. What I suggest is have an SSD drive for your Operating System and applications (your C: drive), and a secondary regular Sata drive which can be bigger because those are less expensive for your D: drive (for storage). 

Hope this helps.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.