Help with Triggers

Apr 04, 2017

I need help adding triggers to a slide that has 4 layers.  I can get the first layer to come up, but can't get the first to leave to allow for the rest to come up.  Please help.  

59 Replies
Walt Hamilton

On 1.6, if you want to disable the Next button, keep this trigger,

but if you also want to show the student helping student layer, you need to add a trigger to do that:

I would also suggest putting text on the buttons so the user knows to click them.

On 1.8, this trigger is the problem. It shows the layer with Rita, but before she can play, it shows the gang layer. Delete the second trigger.  

Eileen Vaglia

If you look at the slide 1.6, I got it while I was waiting.  I disabled it.  Now, the new problem is to stop the loop.  The slides keep repeating.

For some reason, I am unable to enable the button again.  I say, 
Change the state of the button to normal when the user clicks ....I want to say all: buttons 1,2,3,4,5, but only button 1 and button 5 show up.  I've changed it about 20 times but it does not acknowledge buttons 2 - 4...why?  

Eileen Vaglia

Ok, I did what you said and everything was there...except "jump to URL".  

I right clicked the gang video.  I chose web object -edit (to the left), I chose test (under it), I saw the message, but how to and where do I hit the "jump to url"  instead of embedding a web object?  I don't see it.    

I'm so sorry...I am really trying, I feel like such a dunce!

Eileen Vaglia

Ok, I put the text box in that says view video, I created a trigger.  I don't know how to find jump to url,  all i could do was show layer "video - gang leader" when user clicks text box, but how do I find "jump to url?"  

When I click trigger, I see show layer, change the state of.....no jump to url...please advise.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.